It’s the last full weekend of spring and Father’s Day weekend. So, whether you want to take dad out for some fun, you’re a dad looking for a great way to spend time with the kids, or you just want a reason to celebrate the end of spring, Charlottesville is the perfect place to do it all. We invite you to come join us this weekend for these fun activities:
Friday, June 14:
- The Rivanna River Company offers an ‘only in Cville’ experience one Friday a month called Voyage to Vines. It’s a self-guided paddling voyage on the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir starting at 5pm and ending up at Chisholm Vineyards with a glass of wine and live music. Your fee includes a kayak or stand up paddleboard, a glass of wine, and the music.
- The kids will love an After Hours: Who Done It? at the Jefferson Madison Regional Library starting at 6pm. Best for ages 5+.
- If you remember the 80s (or even if you just appreciate the amazing clothes and hair from that era), then you don’t want to miss the Legwarmers at the Jefferson Theater. Doors open at 8pm and show starts at 9pm. Don’t forget your scrunchies and RELAX t-shirt!
Saturday, June 15:
- Bring the whole family out to WVPT/WHTJ/PBS’ Family Day at IX Art Park starting at 10am. Curious George will be there, along with face painting, food trucks, and live music. The event is free, but they are asking that folks register beforehand.
- The annual Juneteenth celebration is taking place at Montpelier from 10am-4pm honoring African American history, food, music, faith, family, and freedom.
- Dance like no one is watching. However, there will probably be someone watching you at Dancing on the Mall from 3pm-8pm. This free event is happening right on the downtown mall and includes a dance lesson.
- The 10th annual Ribs & Brews Fest is happening in downtown Orange, VA from 4pm-10pm. Food, brews, and live music!
- Take dad out to the ballgame where the Cville Tom Sox will be taking on the Covington Lumberjacks. Game time is 7pm.
Sunday, June 16:
- Craft Cville is hosting a Father’s Day Market at Castle Hill Cider from 11am-4pm. Free admission with live music and great shopping to benefit the Real Dads program at Ready Kids.
- Catch soccer on the big screen for free at the Paramount with the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 Group Stage – USA vs Chile. 12pm.
- Enjoy the music of Gina Sobel, along with her dad Mike Sobel, at Peloton Station starting at 1pm. Bring your dad along, too, for burgers, brews, and music!
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.