While the week is sure to be festive with all of the 4th of July events, the fun doesn’t stop just because it turns July 5th! We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities:
Friday, July 5:
- Midsummers at UVA gets going on the 4th and continues all weekend long. I don’t think there is a set schedule, but if you went to UVA, you’ll know what to do and where to go.
- Bold Rock Cidery is having an Independence Day Steal the Pint Glass event starting at 11am. The event is free, but you must purchase a beverage to receive the pint glass.
- Mount Ida Reserve is keeping the 4th of July fun going with its Independence Day Fest the day after with fireworks, live music, food, and fun. The Tasting Room will close to the general public at 4:00 pm, the festival begins at 5:00 pm. Tickets are $30-$35.
- Fridays After Five features Rolling Stones cover band Cherry Red this week. Doors open at 5:30pm.
- The Charlottesville Tom Sox are hosting a Military Appreciation Night during their game with the Staunton Braves. Game time is 7pm. Mission BBQ will be on site offering free sliders to members of the community who have served in the military.
- If you still love the ’80s and you love Stranger Things, then you don’t want to miss The Upside Down C’ville: A Stranger Things Inspired ’80s Dance Party at the Jefferson Theater starting at 9pm. Tix are $10 in advance, $12 day of show. For ages 18+.
Saturday, July 6:
- The Charlottesville City Market is open from 8am-noon with tons of fresh produce, food, craft vendors, and more. It’s been called one of the best farmer’s markets in the country!
- Want more fireworks? Then, head to The Playin’ in the Park Independence Celebration in Orange County featuring live music, a Touch-A-Truck, kid’s activities, fireworks, and more! Gates open at 5pm. Fireworks at dark.
- It’s Sunset Saturday at Afton Mountain Vineyard from 5:30pm-7:30pm with the Crozet Jam Band and Cote Rotie food truck. No cover charge.
- Enjoy Music by the Pool at Frys Spring Beach Club with Left Foot Braking starting at 6pm. Free for FSBC members. $15/person or $45/family for non-members.
- The Boar’s Head Summer Celebration Series continues with a free movie for the entire family, Ralph Breaks the Internet starting at dusk on the Green.
- John D’Earth and Friends will be playing at Fellini’s starting at 10pm.
Sunday, July 7:
- Start your Sunday with an amazing brunch at one of Cville’s top brunch spots.
- Don’t miss the last chance to see Million Dollar Quartet at UVA’s Culbreth Theater at 2pm. Tickets start at $15.
- Visit Blenheim Vineyards to hear the Robert Jospe Express playing on the deck from 2pm-4pm. The 106 Street food truck will be there, too.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.