We invite you to come join us this weekend in Cville for these awesome activities.
Friday, September 6:
- Join Monticello Wine Tour & Coach Company for a public wine tour of the Western Wine Region leaving from behind Old Metropolitan Hall on the downtown mall at 11am.
- The Indigo Girls are playing the Sprint Pavilion with special guest H.C. McEntire. Doors open at 6pm, and the show starts at 7pm. Tickets are still available.
- UVA Football returns to Scott Stadium with the Cavs’ first home game against William and Mary. Kickoff is at 8pm.
- Enjoy a celebration of New Orleans jazz, funk, and blues at The Big Easy with live music at IX Art Park starting at 8pm.
Saturday, September 7:
- Start the day right with the 6th Annual Pancake 5K at Chiles Peach Orchard starting at 7am and raising money for the local rescue squad. The registration fee includes an all you can eat pancake breakfast.
- Just up the road is the 44th Annual Orange Street Festival on Main Street in Orange from 9am until 4pm. Music, vendors, and a chili cook-off!
- Help out a great cause at the Carnival for the Cure at Moose’s by the Creek from 10am-2pm complete with a donut eating contest, face painting, vendors, and more. Proceeds help to smash out childhood cancer.
- Head to IX Art Park for LoveFest 2019 starting at noon, a festival in honor of the 50th anniversary of Woodstock. This is a family-friendly event with 10 live bands, exhibits, food trucks, and more.
- Light House Studio presents the 18th Annual Youth Film Festival at the Paramount Theater starting at 5:30pm. Be one of the first to see student films before they hit the film festival circuit and enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
- Love Canon is playing at the Sprint Pavilion to benefit the Front Porch. Doors open at 6pm. Show starts at 7pm.
- Don’t miss the Best of C-ville Party, celebrating this year’s businesses and individuals who were voted the best in town. The party starts at 7pm at McGuffey Art Center.
Sunday, September 8:
- Cheer on the ‘Hoos as the UVA Women’s soccer team takes on Minnesota at Klockner Stadium starting at noon.
- Catch an early music event at the Southern Music Hall and Cafe with local band 14 Stories. Doors open at noon, and the show starts at 2pm.
- Check out the Near Misses, whose music is described as experimental electro-pop opera, at the Jefferson Theater. Doors open at 6pm. Show starts at 7pm.