It’s Foxfield weekend, and we’ve got the details on what’s happening for Family Day there (see under Sunday – photo by Rick Stillings). And the rest of the first weekend of fall is a busy one in Cville, as well, with festivals, music, a charity walk, and more. We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities.
Friday, September 27:
- Hoopla is a musical brew event happening at Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company all weekend long starting Friday at 12:30pm, Saturday at noon, and Sunday at 10:30am.
- Enjoy live music, food, and drinks by the Rivanna River with the Rivanna River Company and the Front Porch Music School from 4pm-8pm. Music by Gallatin Canyon, food by Firefly Food Truck, games, and more.
- The last Orchard Jams of the year will take place at Chiles Family Orchards from 5:30p-9pm with music by Funktional Electrik.
- It’s Final Friday at the Fralin Art Museum at UVA starting at 5:30pm. Non-members pay only $3 to enjoy art, music, snacks, and lively conversation.
- The Southern Cafe and Music Hall will host the Stray Fossa EP Release Party with doors opening at 6:30pm and show starting at 8:30pm.
Saturday, September 28:
- The 9th Annual CureSearch Walk will be held at the Park @ UVA with check-in at 9am and the walk starting at 10am. The walk raises funds to advance children’s cancer research. Register today!
- Celebrate Albemarle County’s 275th Anniversary at the County Office Building from 10am-2pm with live music, face painting, cupcakes, kids’ activities, and more.
- FLOW: The Rivanna River Arts Festival will kick off at 11am at Darden Towe Park. There will be a boat parade, dance performances, art installations, painters, music, and more.
- The South’s Original Veg Fest, Vegan Roots Fest, will take place at Booker T. Washington Park from noon until 6pm. There will be speakers, music, vendors, and workshops for those who have questions about going vegan.
- Enjoy Roots Music & Local Food as part of the FreeFall Music and Arts Festival at IX Art Park from 2pm-9pm. Celebrate with the food and music that make Charlottesville a great place to live and visit!
- Albemarle Ciderworks invites everyone to the Central Virginia Star Party, a free event with astronomy activities, night sky tours, cider tastings, and fun for the whole family.
Sunday, September 29:
- It’s Family Day at the Foxfield Races!
- 10am – Gates open
- Noon – Jack Russell Terrier Races
- Stick Pony Races follow right after the Jack Russell Terrier Races
- 10am – 3pm Children’s activity area is open (pony rides, bounce-n-play, and more are all free for the kiddos!)
- 1:30pm Horse Racing with 4 races during the day
- Children 8 and under get in free
- Will call is available – Contact the race office at 434.293.9501 or visit foxfieldraces.com
- Michael Clem and Rusty Speidel will be playing at Glass House Winery starting at 2pm.
- Nickelodeon star JoJo Siwa will be at John Paul Jones Arena starting at 7pm.
- GRiZ performs at the Sprint Pavilion with gates opening at 6pm and show starting at 7pm.