It’s Family Weekend at the University of Virginia, and we welcome all of the families of UVA students to our fair city. Whether you are visiting for that event or just taking in the beautiful fall weather in Cville, we invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities.
Friday, October 18th:
- Check out the UVA Men’s Baseball team in the Orange & Blue World Series at Davenport Field starting at 6pm. This is the third game in the series and admission is free.
- The Paramount Presents: Peter RabbitTM Tales – Live on Stage at 6pm. Fun for the whole family!
- PVCC will hold Free Movie Friday with a screening of The Farewell starting at 7:30pm at the Main Stage Theater.
- Party Like A Rock Star, the bash to raise money for the Music Resource Center, is happening at MRC starting at 8pm. Tickets include food, drinks, dancing, and a sing-off competition that is always epic .
- IX Art Park will host a Hocus Pocus Shadowcast (remember that movie with Bette Midler and SJP?) starting at 9pm. This is an all ages show and includes a costume contest.
- End the night with Mojo Pie at Moe’s BBQ on Water Street starting at 9pm.
Saturday, October 19th:
- Drumheller’s Apple Festival will go from 9am until 5pm at the orchard with hayrides, a corn maze, a kids’ zone, and plenty of apple cider, apple butter, and other delicious items.
- Kickoff is at 3:30pm for the UVA vs Duke football game at Scott Stadium. Come cheer on the ‘Hoos! Tickets are still available.
- Enjoy live music with Kenton Shelley and John Whitlow at Knight’s Gambit Vineyard from 5pm-8pm. Two Brothers Food Truck will be there, too.
- Get ready to LYAO with the Comedy Showcase at Southern Cafe and Music Hall with Chris Alan featuring Dominic Rivera and JR Stoffel. Doors open at 6:30pm and show starts at 8:30pm.
- Jimmy O will be at Pro Re Nata Brewery starting at 7pm, so get your dancing shoes on.
- The Virginia Gentlemen will be holding a Family Weekend concert at Old Cabell Hall starting at 8pm. Ticket purchase is open to the public.
Sunday, October 20th:
- Early Mountain Vineyard will be holding its annual Oyster Festival from noon until 5pm. Shuttle rides from downtown Charlottesville will start at 11am. Get your shuttle and festival tickets here.
- Donktoberfest, the largest donkey festival on the east coast, is happening at Bold Rock Cidery from noon until 5pm. This free event features music, food trucks, vendors, and lots of activities.
- The first annual Chuggfest will be at IX Art Park starting at 1pm. This full day of music is to benefit the UVA Cancer Center’s Patient Support Fund. There will be raffle giveaways, a taco race, music, and more.
- The Charlottesville Municipal Band will perform its fall concert from 3:30pm-5pm at PVCC.
- Cracker will be playing the Southern Music Hall with doors opening at 6pm and show starting at 7:30pm.