We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities.
Friday, October 11th:
- The Festy begins at IX Art Park and runs all weekend long. Doors open at 11am each day with music starting at noon. This is a family and earth-friendly event with great music from acts like Dawes, Samantha Fish, and more.
- The Charlottesville Dress Company is holding a Benefit Fashion Show at Vault Virginia for the International Rescue Committee starting at 6pm. See fall and winter looks from 6 design companies.
- History buffs will want to catch Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alan Taylor at New Dominion Bookshop talking about his book, Thomas Jefferson’s Education starting at 7:00pm.
- Coheed and Cambria take the stage at the Jefferson Theater with doors opening at 7:00pm and show starting at 8:00pm.
- Enjoy Jeff Scroggins & Colorado at the Front Porch with doors opening at 7:30pm and the show starting at 8:00pm.
Saturday, October 12th:
- The Crozet Arts and Crafts Fall Festival takes place today and Sunday at Claudius Crozet Park. Gates open at 10am each day, and there will be tons of vendors, exhibits, food, and kids’ activities.
- Thinking of moving to Charlottesville? The Parade of Homes continues this weekend. Check out homes with the latest in design and craftsmanship.
- Our friends at the Charlottesville/Albemarle SPCA are holding the first ever Critter Lift and Rummage Store Extravaganza from 10am-6pm at 364 Hillsdale Drive. There will be food, face painting, a DJ, and adoptable pets. You can see donations being accepted here.
- A little ways up the road, the Orange Country Chili Cookoff and Brewfest is happening from 11am until 6pm at the Orange County Fairgrounds. Lots of chili and beer!
- Horton Vineyards will hold its Fall Family Fun Festival from noon until 4pm with food trucks, carnival games, music and more.
- The Paul Koors Band is playing at the Southern Cafe and Music Hall with doors opening at 6pm and show starting at 8pm. All proceeds from the concert will benefit the Paul Koors Memorial Foundation (paulkoorsfoundation.org), which will be supporting the John Ritter Research Foundation for Aortic Health.
Sunday, October 13th:
- You still have time to register for the Fall Classic Half-Marathon and 10K, voted one of the ten best races in Virginia. Start time is 7am for both races. The race tours some of the most scenic areas in Charlottesville.
- The Greencroft Club will be holding its Fall Fest & Wine Expo from 11:30am-3pm. Enjoy music, games, chicken, oysters, and more.
- Enjoy Live Music on the Hill at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards with Matty Metcalfe starting at 1pm.
- The Paramount presents Sir James Galway and Lady Jeanne Galway at 7pm. Tickets are still available.