It’s Memorial Day weekend in Charlottesville. And while we prepare for the day that we remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, we enjoy the freedoms that they have allotted us and celebrate all that is wonderful about our community. We invite you to come join us this weekend in Cville for these fun activities:
Friday, May 24:
- Hot sauce fans can start their weekend by attending a free tasting of the sauces and spices of Chilli Richmond at Feast from noon-3pm. Kick up your lunch!
- Cheers to wineries that realize we don’t usually get off work until 5pm. Enjoy Wine After Hours at Thatch Winery from 5pm-8pm or Workday Wine Hours at Lovingston West from 5pm-7pm.
- Grab a good laugh with the LYAO: The After Show at The Southern, 8:30pm.
- Wind your Friday down with jazz and blues sounds from the Greg Duncan Trio at Miller’s Downtown, 9:30pm.
Saturday, May 25:
- Get moving early with the Rotary Ramblin’ Rabbit 5K at PVCC to benefit the Blue Ridge Mountains Rotary Club. Race starts at 7:30am.
- The Virginia Hot Glass Festival begins at 9am at Sunspots Studios featuring a full weekend of hot glass demonstrations and exhibits.
- If you couldn’t get up in time for the Ramblin’ Rabbit 5K, you can still make the Be Bold Orchard 5K at Carter Mountain Orchard, featuring beautiful views and Bold Rock Cider at the end. 6pm start.
- The Boar’s Head Inn has many Memorial Day weekend events happening that are open to the public, including an outdoor viewing of Incredibles 2 happening at dusk.
- The T Ray Band ends your Saturday at the Whiskey Jar starting at 10:30pm.
Sunday, May 26:
- It’s the first polo weekend at King Family Vineyards. Gates open at 10am, and the first match is at 1pm. Please visit their website Sunday morning in case of inclement weather to see if the match will be held.
- Rawk Fest begins at IX Art Park, featuring Puddle of Mudd, Jimmie’s Chicken Shack, and other great artists. Check their festival page for lineup and time details.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.