The big event in Charlottesville this weekend is UVA Graduation. Congrats to all the graduates! But even if you’re not celebrating with a ‘Hoo, there are great events happening all over Hooville. So, come join us this weekend for these fun activities:
Friday, May 17:
- Beatles’ fans won’t want to miss Fridays After Five at the Sprint Pavilion as Abbey Road, Cville’s top Beatles cover band, takes the stage, 5:30pm.
- Charlottesville Parks and Rec is hosting a Superhero Family Fun Run at Pen Park starting at 6:30pm. Bring the whole family and dress in your superhero best. Prizes given for best costume!
- Local band TheFiveOne takes the stage at Wild Wing Cafe at 8pm.
Saturday, May 18:
- Fitness fun for a good cause starts at 10am at Iron Will Gym. It’s the Dogs, Donuts, and Deadlifts competition to benefit the HOWS project. Competitors and observers welcome. There will be a fitness expo, raffles, and product samples.
- Gordonsville is holding its annual Fried Chicken Festival from 11am-5pm at the Gordonsville Fire Company Fair Grounds. It’s a fried chicken festival. Need we say more?
- It’s back to donuts at the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library at 11am with Donuts with Dad, a delicious read-aloud time designed especially for dads to share time with their children ages 2-5. Donuts, coffee, and juice will be served.
- There’s more family fun at the Family Prom being held at Carver Recreation Center from 6p-8p. DJ and light refreshments provided.
- If you can’t get into the sold out Josh Ritter show at the Jefferson Theater, you can check out more great music at Fellini’s or the Southern.
Sunday, May 19:
- Grab brunch starting at 11am at Peloton Station and enjoy music by Jimmy and Tara from 1p-3p.
- Live Music Sundays continue at Blenheim Vineyards starting at 2pm with Susie and the Pistols. Get wine, beer, and food truck food on site.
- Test your trivia knowledge with Geeks Who Drink at Random Row starting at 5pm.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.