While most of us are caught up in the madness of March, there are other things happening around town that have nothing to do with basketball. That being said…Go Hoos!!!! Here are our picks for this weekend in and around Charlottesville.
Friday, March 29:
- The UVA Men’s Lacrosse team takes on Richmond at 7pm in Klockner Stadium.
- Alice Clair’s album release at The Southern, 8:30pm. The Southern is now serving gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. Win-win!
- Duke vs. VA Tech in Men’s Basketball at pretty much any sports bar in town, 9:39pm. Is there any way they could both lose?
Saturday, March 30:
- The Charlottesville Home Show is happening at the John Paul Jones Arena from 10a-5p. Find all your home solutions in one place.
- Virginia Festival of the Book’s Crime Wave Brunch with Don Winslow at the Omni, 10am
- Attention lovers of local spirits! The Virginia Craft Spirits Roadshow will be at IX Art Park on Saturday from 12-5pm with 14 distilleries and 2 food trucks on site.
- Miss football? The Virginia Silverbacks, the 2018 UEAFL Champions, take on the Virginia Beach Rhinos at Charlottesville High School at 7pm.
- Hopefully UVA Men’s Basketball is in the NCAA tourney still. If so, catch that game anywhere in the city.
Sunday, March 31:
- The Shebeen Restaurant is celebration National Hot Chicken Day all weekend wit 12 for $12 wings and $12 special chicken dishes. Perfect place for brunch!
- It’s Sunday Funday at Smith Aquatics & Fitness Center. $4 admission for one day only!
Enjoy your weekend!