This weekend we welcome back the second round of UVA alumni for reunions in Charlottesville (including my year!). It’s a great time to be in and around Cville, UVA alumni or not. We invite you to come join us this weekend for these fun activities:
Friday, June 7:
- Ever wanted to throw an ax and help out a great cause at the same time? Okay, maybe that never crossed your mind before, but I bet it has now! And you can do just that at Three Notch’d Brewery for Throw an Ax at Cystic Fibrosis, 4pm-7pm. $5 for 5 throws.
- Experience The Garage and First Fridays with an art opening for for “Sound and Symbol: 7 Years of Art Inspired by Song” by Lauren Plank Goan, 5pm-7pm.
- The weather may be a little iffy this weekend for outdoor music, so head indoors at Tin Whistle Pub to hear old time string band Faster than Walking starting at 9pm.
Saturday, June 8:
- The Crozet Car Show is happening at Claudius Crozet Park starting at 9am and is free for spectators, $25 to enter a car. Proceeds benefit the Park.
- Join Horton Vineyards for their 3rd Annual Food Truck Battle featuring 10 area food trucks, including one of our faves, Return of the Mac. Vote for your favorite and enjoy music, wine, and lots of food starting at 12pm.
- It’s the last day of the Orange Fireman’s Fair with carnival rides, games, and fair food starting at 1pm.
- Starry Nights begins at Veritas Vineyards and happens the second Saturday of the month through the summer. Tonight, rock out to music from the 90s! Gates open at 5pm.
- Dance like no one can hear the music you are listening to at the Silent Disco at IX Art Park starting at 9pm.
Sunday, June 9:
- Do you sure play a mean pinball? Then you will not want to miss Decade Arcades Strike Tournament, competitive pinball at its best. All skill levels welcome. Small entry fee. 2pm.
- Sunday Sundowns, a free cookout and afternoon of swimming and activities, is being held at the Washington Park Pool from 4pm-7pm.
- Twenty-One Pilots is playing the John Paul Jones Arena and tickets are still available. Doors open at 6pm.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.