The last weekend in June promises to be an awesome one in and around Charlottesville. From fundraisers to fireworks, you will find all kinds of exciting things to do for the whole family. We invite you to come join us this weekend for these fun activities:
Friday, June 28:
- Have you ever watched a log rolling contest on TV and thought ‘I could do that!’ Well, here’s your chance. Every Friday this summer, people of all ages can give it a try at Washington Park Pool. Key Log Rolling in a pool is a fun and safe way to channel your inner lumberjack. 11am-4pm.
- Fridays After Five at the Sprint Pavilion will be a special one this week with the UVA Trophy Tour making an appearance. UVA’s two national championship trophies will be in attendance, as will the music of Bobblehead.
- Orchard Jams happens Fridays at Chiles Peach Orchard in Crozet starting at 5:30pm, featuring live music, great food, cider, and local wine.
- Help support the Charlottesville Opera with a Disney Sing-a-Long at Random Row Brewery starting at 6:30pm. The whole family is invited. C’mon, you know you want to belt out ‘A Whole New World.’
- Enjoy Southern Culture on the Skids at the Southern starting at 8pm. Doors open at 6pm.
Saturday, June 29:
- Summer Fest is an all day event happening at IX Art Park starting at 11am. Live music, food, and lots of family fun. Tickets are $10 plus fees online.
- The second annual Taste of Nelson will be help at Blue Toad Hard Cider starting at noon with local food and beverage from around Nelson County. Enjoy music from Bennie Dodd and Chamomile and Whiskey.
- Rock the Ridge, a benefit for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, will be taking place at Valley Road Vineyards from 1pm – 5pm with live performances by the Crozet Jam Band and Will Overman. Tickets are available online or at the door.
- Crozet Independence Day Parade and Celebration – The parade starts at 5pm, and fireworks are at 9:30pm. Taking place at Cladius Crozet Park, it promises to be a fun time for the entire family.
- Enjoy the sounds of Rusty Speidel, Paul Rosner, and Michael Clem at Batesville Market starting at 6:30pm
- Boar’s Head Fun for the Fourth Weekend – There’ll be music on the green from Gallatin Canyon starting at 7pm and fireworks at dusk. Food and beverage options will be available.
Sunday, June 30:
- Rock the Ridge Day 2 moves to Bold Rock Cidery starting at 1pm with music from Adrian Duke & Charles Owen Trio.
- Free Union will hold its Independence Day Parade at 4pm starting at Church of the Brethren and ending at Free Union Baptist Church.
- The Relay for Community Health, hosted by the United Way Thomas Jefferson Area, will be held at Albemarle High School starting at 5pm. This event raises funds for the prevention of chronic diseases like type II diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and more. Ages 8+ are welcome to participate.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.