We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities:
Friday, July 26:
- Don’t miss the Albemarle County Fair this weekend. Friday and Saturday hours are 10am-9pm at the Fairgrounds at James Monroe’s Highland. Fun for the entire family and funnel cake to boot!
- Enjoy local music legend Rusty Speidel at Grace Estate Winery starting at 5:30pm.
- UVA Athletics is holding its annual Movie Night at Scott Stadium featuring Ralph Breaks the Internet. This is also a Trophy Tour stop where fans can take photos with the many UVA championship trophies. Gates open at 6pm. Movie starts at 7pm. Free and open to the public.
- Disco fans can catch Groove Train at the Jefferson Theater. Come dressed to boogie. Doors open at 8pm. Show starts at 9pm.
Saturday, July 27:
- It’s the 9th Annual Ol’ Fashion Peach Festival at Carter Mountain Orchard starting at 10am. Lots of fun for the kids with sack races, water balloon toss, pie eating contest, and more.
- Who doesn’t love watching someone get wet in a dunk tank? You can do that and help out a great cause at the Summer Splash Down at Jack Brown’s Burger Joint from noon until 3pm. It is benefiting the Ishan Gala Foundation.
- Did you know that it’s National Wine and Cheese Day? Celebrate at Horton Vineyards from noon until 4pm with wine and cheese pairings, as well as gourmet mac ‘n cheese food truck Return of the Mac.
- A benefit in honor of the late musical powerhouse Jordan Marchini will be at the Southern Cafe featuring Josh May, The Rain Within, Superunknown, and more. Doors open at 6:30pm. Show starts at 8:30pm.
Sunday, July 28:
- Support the Charlottesville Albemarle SPCA at Sip & Slobber from 1pm-3pm at Vitae Spirits Distillery. They will have adoptable dogs on site and the event’s raffle proceeds will all benefit CASPCA.
- Artist Peter Allen will discuss his work and read poetry in an Artist Talk at 2pm at McGuffey Art Center.
- It’s Boardwalk Madness at IX Art Park where they will be stirring up your best memories of the beach boardwalk with music, snow cones, fortune tellers, and more from 2pm-7pm.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.