We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities: (Special note: The Virginia Football Meet the Team event that we posted that was supposed to happen this past Saturday has been rescheduled for Thursday, August 8 at Scott Stadium from 6:30p-7:30p.)
Friday, August 9:
- Travel just a bit outside of Cville to the Greene Farm and Livestock Show, where there is fun for the whole family starting at 10am. Hayrides, tractor show, farmers’ market, sheep shearing, music, demos, and more.
- It’s another Voyage to Vines Friday with the Rivanna River Company. The self-guided paddle to Chisholm Vineyards starts at 5pm. Cost includes kayak or paddleboard, glass of wine, and entrance/live music fee.
- Fridays After Five will have ADAR performing. Her style is described as genre spanning soul. Doors open at 5:30pm. Free show.
- Monticello is hosting a Pursuit of Happiness Hour on the grounds of the historic estate from 6:30pm-8:30pm. $5 admission with food and beverages available for purchase.
- It’s Reggae Night at The Shebeen Pub & Braai. Feel the vibes from 8pm-11pm.
- Also from 8pm-11pm, MarchFourth will be at the Jefferson Theater with funk, rock, jazz, acrobatics, and more. Doors open at 7pm.
Saturday, August 10:
- Stonefield Shopping Center will host a Community Yard Sale and Market to Benefit the HOWS Project from 8am-2pm. Get great goods and help out a great cause.
- The C’ville Sing Out will be a the Sprint Pavilion at 4pm as part of Unity Days C’ville. Everyone is invited to participate in this group singing event.
- Get out the neon scrunchies and RELAX t-shirts – the ultimate 80s band, the Legwarmers, are playing Veritas Vineyard’s Starry Nights series with gates opening at 5pm.
- Max Frost is playing the Southern Cafe and Music Hall with Swells and Six Foot Ceilings. Doors open at 6:30pm, show starts at 8:30pm.
- Weather permitting, it’s the weekly polo match at King Family Vineyard. Gates open at 10am with the match starting at 1pm.
- Live Music on the Hill happens each Sunday during the summer at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards. This week, it’s music from Paulien starting at 1pm.
- Enjoy Second Sundays at Albemarle Ciderworks with Irish Music featuring Patrick & Aaron Olwell and Friends from 2:30pm-5pm.
- More music later in the day with John Rimel at Glass House Winery at 3pm, Bill Edmonds at Fellini’s at 6pm, and Travis Elliott at Rapture at 10pm.