Hello August! You seem to be here a bit too soon, but luckily there are some great events in Cville to usher you in. We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities:
Friday, August 2:
- This weekend is tax free weekend in Virginia. And while this is not exclusively a Cville event, you don’t want to miss the chance to shop at our amazing locally-owned shops for clothing, school supplies, and more without tax added. The event starts Friday as soon as stores open and ends Sunday at 11:59pm.
- If you are looking for something to add to a really good date, then check out First Fridays Under the Stars with the Ivy Creek Foundation from 8pm until 9:30pm. You’ll learn about the stars indoors and then go outside to check ’em out. Free and open to all.
- Free Films are being shown at Belmont Park with the theme Films of the Outside, Watched in the Outside from 8pm-10pm.
- Friday night music includes Pale Blue Dot at the Southern at 8:30pm, Ivan Applerouth at Durty Nelly’s at 8:30pm, and the Will Overman Trio at the Whiskey Jar at 10:30pm,
Saturday, August 3:
- The annual Blackberry Harvest and Music Festival is happening at Hilltop Berry Farm from 9am-6pm with music, BBQ, birthday cake, and, of course, blackberries.
- Chiles Peach Orchard is holding the 35th Annual Ice Cream Festival featuring yummy peach ice cream starting at 9am.
- The Wildlife Center of Virginia is holding and Animal Meet and Greet at Fifth Season Gardening on Preston Avenue at 11am. Come meet some of the rescued, non-releasable animals of the Center and learn how to help wild animals. The event is open to the public, but registration is requested here.
- Join Wahoo fans from all over at the UVA Meet the Football Team Rally at Sprint Pavilion starting at 6pm.
- Head to Wintergreen Resort for a Movie Under the Stars. The Wizard of Oz starts at 9pm. Complementary popcorn is included.
- Music on Saturday includes The Days Between, a Celebration of the Grateful Dead at 8pm at the Jefferson Theater, Blue Sunburst Band at Moe’s BBQ at 8pm, and John D’Earth and Friends at Fellini’s at 10pm.
Sunday, August 4:
- This week’s IX Beach Club has a Margaritaville theme. Come to IX Art Park in your Hawaiian shirt and flip flops to enjoy Jimmy Buffett and plenty of margaritats from 1pm-4pm.
- Geeks Who Drink Trivia is happening at Random Row Brewery starting at 5pm.
- The monthly Bluegrass Jam is happening at the Front Porch from 7pm-9pm. All ages and abilities are welcome.