Wine, horses, parades and more! Come to Charlottesville this weekend to experience it all:
Friday, April 26:
- Start your weekend with a Breakfast to Benefit the Dogwood Foundation at the Doubletree Hotel. Great food and a silent auction.
- Monticello Wine Tour and Coach Company offers a Western Wine Region tour every Friday at 11am leaving from downtown Charlottesville. Book early, as it fills up fast.
- Fridays After Five is in full swing this week with Killer Deluxe, Sprint Pavilion, 5:30p.
- Listen to a local legend perform at Durty Nellys as Timi Ryalls takes the stage starting at 8pm.
Saturday, April 27:
- The 15th Annual Kiwanis Dogwood Pancake Breakfast will take place at First Baptist Church, 735 Park Street, from 7-11 a.m. The beneficiary this year will be Ronald McDonald House Charities Charlottesville. Fill your belly and help a great cause.
- A Charlottesville tradition not to be missed is the Foxfield Races, horse racing in a beautiful countryside setting. Tickets are still on sale. Gates open at 9am, first race is at 1pm.
- The 70th Annual Dogwood Parade begins at 10:55am and is fun for the entire family. Find the parade route map here: Dogwood Parade
- Enjoy Tennis & Beer at Boar’s Head Resort. Watch professional tennis matches and taste craft beer by Three Notch’d Brewing Company. Admission is free. 12noon-3pm
- Love the 80’s? Then don’t miss the 80’s Prom Spectacular at IX Art Park starting at 7pm. 80’s dress strongly encouraged.
Sunday, April 28:
- No Limits Smokehouse is having its Grand Opening at 11:30am with live music. It will go until they run out of food. Located at 816 Hinton Avenue.
- Don’t miss the Blue Ridge Irish Music School’s Spring Showcase at the Haven downtown starting at 2pm.
- The Broadway musical Jersey Boys comes to the John Paul Jones Arena. Tickets are still available. The show starts at 7pm.
Enjoy your weekend!