December 6-8, 2019
This weekend, it’s not all just about the upcoming holiday (although there is quite a bit of that, too). We’ve got sports, music, a beer festival, and more. We invite you to come join us this weekend in and around Charlottesville for these awesome activities.
Friday, December 6th:
- The Annual Toy Lift is happening at Fashion Square Mall from 7am until 8pm. There are lots of fun activities surrounding this charitable event raising toys for children in need this holiday.
- Charlottesville’s Grand Illumination is happening downtown at the Sprint Pavilion and City Hall with festivities starting at 4:30pm. There will be fun games and activities with the countdown to the tree lighting and Santa’s arrival starting at 7:15pm.
- The 35th Annual CWS Holiday Bazaar is a two-day event starting Friday night with an adults-only preview event from 6p-9p and an all ages event from 10am-4pm on Saturday. There is shopping from local artisans, activities, music, and more.
- The UVA Men’s Soccer team takes on SMU at Klockner Stadium starting at 7pm in the NCAA Quarterfinals. Go Hoos!
- Music events tonight include the Hip Abduction at The Southern, Chris Van Cleave at C’ville Coffee, the Cville Symphony: Family Holiday Concert at Old Cabell Hall, Terri Allard/Jason Pollock/Thomas Gunn at the Front Porch, and Hustle Souls at Commonwealth.
Saturday, December 7th:
- James Madison’s Montpelier will be hosting their free Holiday Open House from 9am until 5pm with tours of the historic home, visits with Santa, food, and more.
- Barracks Road’s Annual Holiday Parade will kick off at 9:30am. The parade goes from Harris Teeter to Kroger, and spaces to get a good view fill up fast.
- Head to Castle Hill Cider from 10am until 3pm for Santa Paws and Holiday Bazaar with over 40 vendors, Santa photos with the kids and pets, food, and more to benefit Green Dogs Unleashed.
- The 14th Annual Craftacular is happening at the Carver Rec Center from 10am-5pm. Get all of your holiday shopping done while supporting area artists and makers.
- A celebration of dark brews will be happening at the Crozet Winter Brews Festival from 11am until 5pm at Cladius Crozet Park with music and fun for the whole family.
- He’ll have a Blue Christmas without you, so make sure to come to Christmas with Elvis at the Paramount Theater starting at 7:30pm.
- If you can’t make it to the ACC Championship game in Charlotte, you can join other fans cheering on the Hoos at Random Row Brewing. The game starts at 7:30pm. Go Hoos!
- Enjoy Free Union with Spudnik and Grebes to benefit City of Promise at the Southern. Show starts at 8pm.
- Finish up the evening with John D’Earth and Friends at Fellini’s starting at 10pm.
Sunday, December 8th:
- Bring the kiddos out for a Santa Pancake Breakfast at the Virginia Discovery Museum starting at 9am. Space is limited and reservations are requested by December 6th.
- The 6th Annual Great Charlottesville Santa Fun Run and Walk to benefit ARC of the Piedmont will start at 11am at the Sprint Pavilion. Wear your best Santa suit or reindeer antlers!
- Keep the exercise going with the 3rd Annual Brew & Buddy Run presented by the Paramount Theater. The run includes stops at Champion Brewing and Three Notch’d Brewing and the film Elf after. Run starts at 4pm.
- This is a big one! The National Champion UVA Men’s Basketball team takes on UNC at John Paul Jones Arena with tipoff at 4pm. Goo Hoos!
- Hear the sounds of the season with Robert Earle Keen: Countdown to Christmas at the Jefferson Theater. Doors open at 6:30pm, and the show starts at 7:30pm.