Supposedly, the first full weekend of October is going to start really feeling like fall, which means you won’t melt when enjoying the outdoors! There’s lots to do here, both inside and out. We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities.
Friday, October 4th:
- It’s First Fridays, and there are gallery events at New Dominion Bookshop at 5pm, the Music Resource Center at 5pm, Second Street Gallery at 5:30pm, and McGuffey Art Center at 5:30pm.
- UVA Sports tonight include Field Hockey at 5pm at Turf Field and Men’s Soccer at 7pm at Klockner Stadium.
- Grace Estate Winery begins its Haunt and Sip spooky hayrides, which start at 7pm each Friday and Saturday in the month of October. Space is limited, and you can reserve your seat online here. (Update: Grace Estate has cancelled the hayrides, but still has music on the patio and the tasting room in open.)
- The Paramount Theater presents the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The show starts at 8pm and tickets are still available at theparamount.net.
- Other music options include Maggie Rose with Them Vibes at the Southern, Faster Than Walking at the Tin Whistle, BiG! at Moe’s, and Chickenhead Blues Band at Fellini’s.
Saturday, October 5th:
- Fellas, start your day with some exercise and help a great cause. The Men’s 4-Miler will start at 8am at Scott Stadium and benefits prostate cancer research at UVA. Register here.
- The 32nd annual Fall Fiber Festival and Montpelier Sheep Dog Trials will be this Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm across from James Madison’s Montpelier. Along with the sheep dog trials, there will be craft vendors, workshops for all ages, music, food, and more.
- Mount Ida Reserve is having an Oktoberfest Anniversary Celebration from noon until 9pm with Bavarian-style food and drink, live music, potato sack racing, and more.
- The Virginia Blues Festival will be held at IX Art Park from 2pm-9pm. This free outdoor concert event is Virginia’s first-ever statewide blues festival and features Bobby Blackhat, Johnny B and the Goodes, and many more.
- Enjoy the Manhattan Short Film Festival at the Paramount Theater starting at 7pm where audience members are the judges.
- Don’t miss the 100 Proof Gogo Band at the Jefferson Theater. Doors open at 9pm, show starts at 10pm.
Sunday, October 6th:
- It’s a Sunday full of music:
- Enjoy a Perfect Storm Soul Brunch at The Whiskey Jar starting at 11am
- There’s Live Music on the Hill with Kat & the Travelers at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards starting at 1pm.
- Blue Yonder plays the Prism Coffeehouse at C’ville Coffee starting at 7pm.
- Erin McKeown takes the stage at The Southern Cafe and Music Hall with doors opening at 6pm and show starting at 7:30pm.
- And Travis Elliott ends the weekend at Rapture starting at 10pm.