Charlottesville is ready for this pre-Halloween weekend with dancing, movies, music, kids’ activities, and more! We invite you to come join us this weekend for these awesome activities.
Friday, October 25th:
- The Virginia Film Festival rolls on Friday through Sunday and has events starting at noon Friday, 10am on Saturday, and 10:30am on Sunday. Check here for a full schedule and for tickets.
- If you have a furbaby or just like seeing furbabies, come to the downtown mall for Doggie Howl-Oween to benefit Caring for Creatures from 5pm-8pm. There will be doggie trick-or-treating, parade, and costume contest.
- For the kiddos (and their adult caregiver), the Virginia Discovery Museum’s Boo Bash will take place from 5:30pm until 8pm. Tickets are available in advance or at the door.
- Enjoy two nights of entertainment (Friday and Saturday) at the Mock Stars Ball to benefit the Shelter for Help in Emergency at the Southern Cafe and Music Hall. Doors open at 6pm with the show starting around 8pm. It’s a Halloween party with your favorite local bands performing as the biggest bands of all time.
- The Virginia Polo Fall Invitational is taking place this weekend with games Friday through Sunday. Tonight’s games are at 6pm and 8pm. Line the outdoor arena for a night of tailgating and cheering at the Virginia Polo Center.
- The ultimate 80s band is coming back to the Jefferson Theater. Don’t miss the Legwarmers with doors opening at 8pm and the show starting at 9pm.
- Catch the Rocky Horror Picture Show Shadowcast at IX Art Park starting at 8pm complete with a costume contest and audience interactions.
Saturday, October 26th:
- The Walk to End Alzheimer’s will be held starting at IX Art Park with registration at 9am and the walk beginning at 10:30am. There is still time to register.
- The Shops at Stonefield will be holding a Shop or Treat event starting at 11am with face painting, train rides, and complimentary trick or treating for the kids across the many shops.
- Charlottesville Parks & Rec Department is holding a Downtown Safe Halloween Festival from 2pm-4:30pm at the Sprint Pavilion with games, a costume contest, entertainment, and trick-or-treating. This event is free and open to the public.
- Decipher Brewing is holding a CASPCA pet adoption event from 2pm until 6pm and then an adult Halloween party and costume contest after.
- Grammy-Nominated bluegrass band Special Consensus will play the Front Porch from 8pm-10pm. Tickets are on sale now.
Sunday, October 27th:
- Enjoy a Harvest Party at Blenheim Vineyards from noon until 4pm with music by Small Town Rodeo and Two Brothers Food Truck.
- It’s a Yappy Howl-O-Ween at Keswick Vineyards from noon until 3pm with a doggie costume contest and parade.
- Cheer on the UVA Women’s Soccer team as they take on Boston College at 1pm at Klockner Stadium.
- The whole family can enjoy Halloween at James Monroe’s Highland from 1pm until 6pm with hayrides, face painting, and a costume contest with food and drink available for purchase.