The weather may be cooler this weekend, but the events are hot in Charlottesville. We welcome you to join us this weekend in Cville for these awesome events:
Friday Nov 8
- You’ve seen them online. Now, be part of Charlottesville’s own locally-organized Ted Talk at TEDx happening at the Paramount Theater starting at 9am. Starr Hill is presenting this conference which includes a wide array of speakers and performers. Tickets are still available.
- It’s Movie Night on the Lawn at Mount Ida Reserve with Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.from 5pm-8pm. Bring your blankets! Admission is free.
- Catch Rusty Speidel at Grace Estate Winery starting at 5:30pm.
- The Wilco ‘Ode to Joy’ Tour show was previously sold out, but the Sprint Pavilion has added more lawn seats and those tickets will go fast. Doors open at 6pm, and the show starts at 7pm.
- The Southern Cafe and Music Hall is hosting the After Party with Wrinkle Neck Mules. Doors open at 7:30pm. Show starts at 9:30pm.
Saturday Nov 9
- Carter’s Mountain Orchard is holding their Salute to Hometown Heroes, a day to honor our fire, rescue, police and military heroes starting at 9am. There will be a flag ceremony at noon and apple picking, hayrides, and more all day.
- Enjoy the breakfast of champions while helping a great cause. The 16th annual Pancakes for Parkinson’s will take place on UVA’s South Lawn from 9am until 2pm and benefits the Michael J. Fox foundation.
- The annual Artisans Studio Tour is today and tomorrow from 10am-5pm each day. Artisans throughout Central Virginia are opening up their work spaces for visitors to come in and see where the magic happens. This is a self guided tour, is free, and is open to the public.
- The UVA football team takes on Georgia Tech at Scott Stadium for Homecoming weekend. Kickoff is at 12:30pm.
- The Rockfish Valley Community Center is hosting Duos Do Dinner, a fundraising gala with 15-10 culinary duos preparing their favorite dishes and music by the Eric Knutson Band, from 6pm until 10pm.
- IX Art Park welcomes the Musical Suspects with the E&J Band starting at 8pm.
- WNRN presents Kishi Bashi at the Jefferson Theater with doors opening at 8pm, and the show starting at 9pm.
Sunday Nov 10
- It’s Rustic Trails Dog Day at James Monroe’s Highland starting at 9am. Bring your furry family member out for a free day on the trails.
- UVA Men’s Soccer team heads to the ACC Quarterfinals at 1pm at Klockner Stadium versus Syracuse, and the UVA Men’s Basketball team takes on JMU at John Paul Jones Arena at 6pm. Go Hoos!
- The Cavalier Symphony Orchestra will present its Fall Concert at Cabell Hall at 2pm. The theme is A Journey Through Space and Time.
Monday, November 11th, is Veteran’s Day, and we would like to thank all of those who have served or are serving our country.