We invite you to come join us this weekend in Cville for these awesome activities:
Friday, August 16:
- Head over to Palmyra for the Fluvanna County Fair starting at 4pm for carnival rides, music, a livestock show, and more.
- Enjoy bluegrass jams at Fridays After Five with Second Draw. Doors open at 5:30pm.
- Live Arts is featuring 6 new plays by Charlottesville playwrights in one night. Locally Sourced starts at 7pm. Get your tickets now, as Thursday’s and Saturday’s showings have sold out.
- Remember the 90s? Neither do we, and that’s why you should see Saved by the 90s at the Jefferson Theater. They might jog your memory. Doors open at 8pm. Show starts at 9pm.
- If you’re digging on other decades, then the Decades Dance Party at the Biltmore might be for you. It’s music from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s starting at 8pm.
Saturday, August 17:
- The Josephine’s Village 5K will start at UVA’s Alumni Hall at 7:45am and raises funds two local nonprofits who support families affected by Congenital Heart Defects.
- The whole family will have fun at the Unity Days Block Party at Washington Park from 1pm-4pm or at the Sounds of Summer celebration hosted by the Charlottesville Parks & Rec Department at Belmont Park from 6pm-8pm.
- Champion Brewery is having a launch party for their new Waterboys IPA, a collaboration with the Chris Long Foundation, and a portion of the proceeds from each beer purchased will go to bring clean water to communities in need. 5pm.
- Country band The Cadillac Three will be performing at the Jefferson Theater. Doors open at 7pm. Show starts at 8pm.
Sunday, August 18:
- It’s Petting Zoo Day at Keswick Vineyards from noon-3pm with animals, food, snow cones, and wine.
- UVA sports is kicking into high gear with Field Hockey at 1pm and Women’s Soccer at 5pm.
- Living legend Gladys Knight will be performing at the Paramount starting at 8pm. Tickets are still available!